Thursday, September 20, 2007

We Have Pecans





We have pecans. We have alot of trouble when we have pecans. People seem to think because we have them they are entitled to have a free for all. People steal them when we leave work. The week-ends they load up. They drive up here like they have permission. We have people stop here to ask can they pick some pecans. I can't believe it! People we don't even know!
This is the Grand old pecan tree that I posted back in the summer. One of the shots today has spider webs which I thought looked spooky on this gloomy day.

4 comments:

AmyWhit said...

It's about that time, isn't it? Time for homecoming, Thanksgiving and pecan pies. Yum.

Oh, by the way, can I come pick some pecans, Cindy?! *wink* JUST kidding! lol. I couldn't resist!

Nancy S. said...

I know what you mean about the "community fruit tree".
When we lived in the house by
the shop and had apples and pears
strangers would stop and ask if they could pick them. WHAT THE HECK dont they know Lowes sells fruit trees. Of course I would share, being the kind person that I am. LOL

Brewton Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brewton Girl said...

Yep, its time for pecan patrol again! Just call us the pecan police!