Friday, September 21, 2007

Lasagne


I chose Lasagne for my recipe challenge. This is very easy. It is a quick version & always turns out well. It makes a lot so its a good thing to have for your family.
1- lb. Hamburger (or about 2 lbs if you want)
cook over medium heat brown & drain.
1 - Jar of prepared spaghetti sauce 30 oz.
(I use Prego traditional )
Heat meat & sauce. 5 min. (I like to let mine simmer a while if there is time.)
2. In a small bowl combine ricotta cheese & 1- egg, salt 1/2 tsp. Pepper 1/4 tsp. mix together.
3. Spoon 1 1/2 cups sauce into 13x9x2 baking dish.; top with half the uncooked lasagne, all
the ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 cups sauce, then remaining lasagne. Top with remaining sauce, mozzarella & parmesan. ( I don't go exactly by the 1 1/2 cups sometimes its a little over)
4. Cover tightly with foil. Bake in 350 oven 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 min. longer until lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Enjoy! ( You need about 9 to 10 Mueller's lasagne noodles ( 8 0z. ) Uncooked ) 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided sometime I use more cheese
1 cup parmesan divided (I use a little more) 1 Jar of prepared spaghetti sauce
1 Egg , 1/2 tsp. salt , 1/4 tsp. pepper 30 oz.
1 container (15 oz. ) ricotta cheese

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot the recipe post, I better get busy. Between you and Anita's post I'm hungry!

AmyWhit said...

I'm so proud of you. I wimped out on this challenge. This week has been one big blur. I WILL do it though. When I find time! Good for you for getting it done...and it looks delicious! I'll have to try your recipe for sure. I love lasagne!

Nancy S. said...

Yum Yum That looks and sounds so good. I will have to try your recipe. I love lasagne, one of my favorites.

Brewton Girl said...

Yum Yum is right! I've had Cindy's Lasagne before and it is very good!