Friday, September 7, 2007

Great Chef


Last night we went to Bateaux's. It was a girls night out. It ended up with 5 of us. Jessica, me, Nadia( my friend from down at the river). Rose and Rachel joined us to celebrate Rachel's birthday. Some of you may recognize this handsome chef. I'm his Mom so I have bragging rights! He prepared a special appetizer for us. It was DELICIOUS! I'm not sure I can tell you the proper name or wording. It went something like this. A carrot juice something, with corn something, with crab & a lavender bean infusion. Please don't let Miles know I couldn't remember the correct wording. I would be in trouble. He served it in a expresso cup with a grape tomatoe on the side with a salad inside the tomatoe (like a crab salad?) For my appetizer I went out of my comfort zone. I tried the Duck Confit "Taquito"
(Wonderful.) Miles has wanted me try it forever so I did. I also had the Grilled Neiman Ranch Pork chop. SOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Of course dessert ! I had the Buttermilk Cocoa cake. AGAIN!! It was a great leisurely dinner with great friends. I couldn't ask for more. By the way did I mention HOW PROUD I am of my Chef??? We need to plan a blog night out girls!

7 comments:

Judy said...

Yes we do, name the day!!

I know you are proud and so are those of us who love you and your family..

He's such a handsome chef...

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so jealous, sounds like you all had a great night. Its great thet your son is cooking for you now. Enjoy it every chance you get.

AmyWhit said...

What a striking young chef he makes in his jacket! Dashing! I can see that little boy in him though! Sweet.

Let's just set a date for a girls night out! Fridays are good for me!

Shelia said...

Brag away proud momma!

Now how in the haint is he losing weight being a chef?? Oh yeah, thats REAL fair! LOL

Heather said...

I'll even make a trip down to taste these things!!!They sound great. I'm so glad he is doing what he loves!

jamie said...

He looks pretty cool!!! You went with Rachel Dean??? I haven't seen or talked to her in ages!! She used to be my best friend!! Please tell Ms. Rose to tell her hey from me!! I will be home at the end of October, I would love to go and try out this for my self!!!

Brewton Girl said...

Book us Cindy, but wait till October when Jamie is here! We are going on the 14th for Russ, Chuck and Melinda's Birthdays!!