Friday, June 22, 2007

Old Oak & Mixon Restaurant




This is probally one of my favorite trees. It is so intriguing to me. I invision all kinds of interesting things happening there. Confederate soldiers sittiing underneath it. Indians living around it. Don said that General Lee's horse Traveler was delivered by train in the general area. As you guessed the tree is in Pocotaligo. Also when I was a little girl we would sometimes
go to eat at the Mixon restaurant. I remember it was so small inside. My PaPa would take us after church. Billy & Tommy Mixon's parents owned it. I pass this going to the bank in Yemassee all the time. I always think how beautiful the tree is. Since my blogging career has started I now think of things in a whole different light. Thank you sister bloggers for introducing me to your world of blogging. I love it!

6 comments:

Brewton Girl said...

Cool post!!! You need to print these in black and white and frame them!!

Judy said...

Yep, this will make you look at your life and surroundings a lot diffrent.

I did not know that was a Restaurant...I knew it when it was that little "seconds grocery" store. When Wayne and I were first married.

I love that tree too, and I too think of soldiers and Indians. We live in a great part of this country.

Shelia said...

Very cool! I had no idea! I love the way pictures make you look at things differently. Great story!

AmyWhit said...

It does tend to make you see things in a whole new light, doesn't it. Everything looks more interesting now. I think it's just because are are LOOKING now, instead of just passing by.

Love the tree photo, Cindy. Thank you for your comments on my blog, and pass the thanks on to Jessica and Don too!

Anonymous said...

I love the stories that get shared with these blogs too. Most of my stories are from a different part of the country, so I especially love it when you "Native Gals" share. Thanks & keep em' coming.

jamie said...

It is addictive, huh??? I have always liked this tree too!! I didn't have any idea that this was a restaurant. Pretty cool, and thanks for the tree pic. There aren't any of those around here!!