Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fig Tree


Don & I planted a fig tree. I supervised. Hey someone has to give orders! PaPa gave it to us. He can root anything. He has the greenest thumb I have ever seen. I love to just walk around his yard with him and listen to him tell about each plant. Believe me he knows what year he got it where he got it and who gave it to him.
A lot of his plants and flowers he & MeMaw would see beside the road on their many trips
to the mountains or Florida. They would dig something up bring it home & root it. And amazingly enough it would grow. Unlike my atempts of trying to root something.
Some of you know PaPa he is almost 87 years old. He is Don's Dad. Please grow little tree.
I love fig preserves.

5 comments:

Shelia said...

~grow~grow~grow~ I hope it gets enormous!

AmyWhit said...

I don't think I've ever had fig preserves...I hope you can make me some one day! LOL. I wish you lots of sunshine and rain, little fig tree!

Judy said...

I planted 3 of the "store bought" fig tree w/no luck...Then my Uncle Charles (who also can root anything) gave me one he rooted. I am so proud to announce I DID NOT KILL IT! It was close...but we had figs for the first time last year...but a certain Doctor F. Wise ate them all, right off the tree. (there only about 10)

Anonymous said...

Better guard that tree with your life. The figs are cherished and delicious. Good luck!

jamie said...

I could send a little more sunshine your way from here. Lord knows we get plenty right now. Howver, I will be needing that sunshine back around December!!