Wednesday, June 20, 2007

bateaux Restaurant



Well everyone looks like I'm the last blogger of the day. Last night Don, Jessica, Janet & I went to check out the bateaux restaurant. Excellent food & atmosphere. I'm not just saying that because OUR FAVORITE SON is a chef there it is very good. I won't tell you what we all had to eat. My appetizer was the Shrimp fritters, delicious! My salad was called the Barefoot Heirloom
something. It was tomatoes and a reduced basil sauce with a little cheese GOOD. My entre' was
a veal chop w/ like a tomatoe pesto sauce and plantation rice. My son grilled the veal. Scrumptious. Then dessert coffee & Cocoa buttermilk cake OH YES! with chocolate syrup on the side & whipped cream on the cake. O.K. is anybody drooling yet? Go check it out for yourself.
Ask for upstairs when you make reservations. It is an open kitchen really cool! You would see Miles. It's nice casual dress. bateaux's has a reputation of being a little stuffy/snooty I guess
they are trying to change the image.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great, just like our kind of place. Is this the reaustrant on Lady's Island? Gotta look for it!

Judy said...

I'm on my way...I go to Port Royal Town Hall a lot and I've watched the transformation of the building. I know Richard and Peggy really well.. we worked together at BIP.

I have to say it.....I am so proud of Miles, It's so good to watch a a young man succeed in his profession of choice. Good job there Mom & Dad.

AmyWhit said...

I wasn't aware that it had moved. Maybe we'll have an opportunity to check it out. Hmmm....possibly a night out with the bloggers?! Sound good, ladies? We could go and surprise Miles! LOL.

Shelia said...

Great idea Ame!! I'm game!

Way to go Miles!