Thursday, June 14, 2007

MeMaw's Blueberry Cake

The story about the cake is my Mother-in-law passed away March 2005. She made the best Blueberry cake EVER! She was known all around Hampton County and other areas for her
Famous cake. I could not bring myself to try to make one after she died. We were having
a dinner at church last October and I decided
to try and make a cake. While I was mixing the cake I said Lord please let this cake be as good as MeMaw's and let her be proud of me. As you can see she was! The odds of something like this happening is quite rare. There are four cups of Blueberries in this cake. So you be the judge.

7 comments:

AmyWhit said...

It's a beautiful cake! And, if I remember correctly...and trust me, I always remember food, it was delicious!

Welcome to the world of blogging!

Judy said...

God is good to us all the time but when our payers are answered so fast and so unmistakealy, it just doesn't get any better!

I think MeMaw's smile is beautiful.

Welcome to the blog!

Shelia said...

Hey there Your Highness! Welcome to the blogging world! LOL Great story!

AmyWhit said...

I remember that cake, it was yummy. I know MeMaw was proud of you, thats why your cake was smileing....Nancy

Nancy S. said...

Amy's going to kill me I goofed and bloged under her name.
sorry, let me try again and see if I can get this right.

oldav8r said...

Welcome Cindy. That cake looks so good I think I can smell it now. YUM!

jamie said...

Welcome to blogging!!! That cake looks sooo good. I am really craving something yummy about this time of night. Congrats on it looking right, I try all the time to make things just like moms and somehow it just never turns out! I think my mom gave up on making a pumpkin pie like Mama's!!