Friday, August 31, 2007

My Dad




I have chosen for my someone special my Dad. I am so blessed that he is my Dad. I wrote something special about him. " He is as strong and tuff as a gator. He is as soft and sweet as a rose petal. He has a heart of gold, If the truth be told . In my eyes he does no wrong. He has a character that is rare to find. On his word you can depend. All memories are a story. He has a gift of telling them. I could listen for hours and never get tired. His hands are worn out working hands. His feet won't rest with things to do. He will help you anyway he can. He has a love for my Mother like no other. Fifty six years some with tears he will pervail through the fears. There is so much more that I could say, but I think I will call it a day. Love you Dad!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Ah Cindy, You have captured your dad magnificently. He is all you have written and all of who have the privilege to know him are blessed. Just keeps on tickin' I know he has been a great inspiration to my husband and has spoken many words of godly wisdom that Wayne has cherished.

His undying love and loyalty to your mom is just breath taking..A true southern gentleman.

Anonymous said...

He is really a remarkable man. When we moved here I could not get over the resemblance to my Dad. His looks, his attitude, his loving way, and above all his intelect are so much like my Dad, they could have been brothers. I think God like the mold he used and made several! I loved B.H, instantly

AmyWhit said...

Your dad is such a sweet man. I just love him. He always has that smile of his ready at church, and a hug to go along with it. If I had a problem that I needed to speak to a deacon about, he would be at the top of my list (in fact, besides Mr. Carr, I don't think there is anyone else on the list!) You just know that you can trust Mr. B.H. I'm sure he's honored to be chosen as your special someone this week. I love the photo of his working hands.

Shelia said...

He is a wonderful man and a blessing to us all. He's such a great Christian role model for the younger men.