Thursday, August 23, 2007

Recycling Attendant



Hi everybody this is Carol. She works in Sheldon at the recycling center. I talk to her when I take my trash there. She is a very nice Lady. She is a very hard working woman. She is 70 years old and a divorcee which is why she struggles financially. She holds I think at least 1 other job and one time I thought 2 jobs. Carol's home was robbed a month or so ago. They really trashed everything that they didn't steal. Today when I talked to her she said early Sunday morning about 2:30A.M. She heard something. Someone was trying to break in again. They were taking her door off. They had cut the phone lines also.

She managed to call 911. She said about four cars of officers arrived. Of course they didn't catch anybody. This is so odd because last night I had made up mind to take her picture today for my blog. (GOD SPEAKING) which I didn't realize until today why. I asked her if I could take her picture for my blog and I would request prayer from everyone for her. She was so thankful. If you all would remember her in your prayers please.

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Oh my goodness! Prayers are definately shooting up for Carol! We talk to her whenever we go to the dump. She always tells the kids, "you come stand next to Granny" LOL she's very sweet. Where does she live?

Queen of Foo Foo said...

She lives in Carolina Shores in Grays Hill.

Judy said...

What is this world coming to?? She is definatley in our prayers too.

Is thre anything else we can do?

Queen of Foo Foo said...

She is just very upset. She has daughters that live here. They stay on top of things.

AmyWhit said...

How terrifying! I'm glad that the officers arrived in time to prevent something horrible from happening. Maybe it was enough to keep the would-be thieves away for good!

jamie said...

Oh my!!! So if they trashed everything that they didn't steal, what on earth would she have now that they could steal??? Shane said pretty soon he could be hired to stand guard while having a brain injury and post traumatic stress syndrome!! That should scare anyone off!!!

Prayers are definately going up here in AK too!!! What ever happened to the days where you trust people???